国海证券,为难从何而来?| 六分钟英语,伯明翰大学

Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English. I'm Neil.

大家好,欢迎来到六分钟英语。我是尼尔。

And I'm Dan.

我是丹。

Now then, Dan, do you ever feel awkward?

那么丹,你有没有觉得尴尬过?

Awkward?

尴尬?

Yes, feeling uncomfortable, embarrassed or self-conscious in a social situation where something isn't quite right.

是的,在某些不太对的交际场合感到不舒服,尴尬或许难为情。

Sometimes. I remember always feeling very awkward watching TV with my parents广州的一场春梦 if there was an explicit love scene.You know, people canoodling.

whistle

有时会。我记住和爸爸妈妈看电视时,如流产症状果有显露的爱情场景,总是会觉得很尴尬。你知道,他们在爱怜拥抱。

Oh yes, me too! And that feeling of awkwardness is what we are looking at in today's 6 Minute 黄政民English, and how it is all connected to social rules.

哦,是的,我也是!而且那种尴尬的感觉便是咱们今日六分钟英语要了解的,以及它怎么与社会规矩联络起来。

Social rules are the unspoken rules which we follow in everyday life - the way we interact with other people and particularly with strangers.

社会规矩是咱们日常日子中遵从的潜规矩——咱们与其别人,特别是与陌生人互动的办法。

Yes. For example, if you're waiting at a bus stop, it's OK to talk about the weather to a stranger.

是的。例如,假如你在公共汽车站等车,你能够和陌生人议论气候。

But it would be very awkward if风雨同路 you broke that social rule by asking them about, oh I don't know, how much money they earned.国海证券,尴尬从何而来?| 六分钟英语,伯明翰大学

但假如你经过问他们关于,像是他们挣多少钱来打破这个社会规矩的话,那会十分尴尬。

Oh yes, that would be wrong, wouldn't it?

哦,是的,那会是过错的,不是吗?

And we’ll find out about another awkward situation on the underground railway later in the 246天天好彩programme.

稍后在节目中咱们将找出地铁的另一个尴尬局势。可是在那之前是一个检验问题。

Which city has the oldest underground railway? Is it: a) London b) New York or c) Tokyo?

哪个城市有最老的地铁?是:a)伦敦,b)国海证券,尴尬从何而来?| 六分钟英语,伯明翰大学纽约仍是c)东京?

Aha! Well, I’m pretty confident about this! I think it’s London.

啊哈!好吧,我对此很有决心!我认为是伦敦。

Well, Iawaylee官网’ll have the answer later in the programme. Dr Raj Persuad is a psychologist.

好吧,我稍后将在节目中揭晓答案。拉杰什伯赛德博士是一名心思学家。

He was a guest on the BBC radio programme Seriously. He was talking about social rules.How does he say they affect our lives?

他做客BBC播送Seriously节目。他其时在议论社会规矩。他说它们是怎么影响咱们日子的?

How do we understand what the implicit social rules are that govern our behaviour?

咱们怎么了解办理咱们行为的隐含社会规矩是什么呢?

They're so implicit.

它们如此宛转。

They're so almost invisible - yet we all obey them - i.e. they're massively powerful that the only way to get at them, because you couldn't use an MRI brain scanner or a microscope…

它们简直是无形的——但咱们都遵守它们——也便是说它们十分强壮,只能遵守它们,由于你无法运用MRI脑扫描仪或显微镜……

What's the tool you would use to illuminate the social rules that actually govern our lives?

你会运用什么东西来解说实际上办理咱们日子的社会规矩呢?

How do诺贝尔奖 they affect our lives?

它们怎么影响咱们的日子?

He says that they govern our behaviour沈曼, they govern our lives – this means that they 'control' our lives. They 'rule' our lives.

他说它们办理咱们的行为,办理咱们的日子——这意味着它们“操控”咱们的日子。它们“分配”咱们的日子。

What’s interesting is that he says these social rules are implicit.

风趣的是他说这些社会规矩是隐含的。

They are not written down anywhere.

它们不会写在任何当地。

They are unspoken but understood.

它们没有被说出来但却被了解。

If they are unspoken and not written down, how can scientists and sociologists study them?

假如它们没有说出来,没有被写下来,科学家和社会学家是怎么研讨它们的呢?

How can they find out about them?

他国海证券,尴尬从何而来?| 六分钟英语,伯明翰大学们怎么能找出它们?

They need a way to illuminate the rules.

他们需求一种办法来说明规矩。

This means a way of shining a metaphorical light on them to see what they are.

这指的是隐喻地说了解它们来看看它们是什么。

Here’s Dr Persaud again.

再听一遍伯赛德所说的。

How do we understand what the implicit social rules are that govern our behaviour?

咱们怎么了解办理咱们行为的隐含社会规矩是什么呢?

They're so implicit.

它们如此宛转。

They're so almost invis网游之ible - yet we all obey them i.e. they're massively powerful tha国海证券,尴尬从何而来?| 六分钟英语,伯明翰大学t the only way to get at them, because you couldn't use an MRI brain scanner or a microscope…

它们简直是无形的——但咱们都遵守它们——也便是说它们十分强壮,只遵守它们,由于你无法运用MRI脑扫国海证券,尴尬从何而来?| 六分钟英语,伯明翰大学描仪或显微镜……

What's the tool you would use to isourcelluminate the social rules that actually govern our lives?

你会运用什么东西来解说实际上办理咱们日子的社会规矩呢?

One way to find out about a rule is to break it.

找出规矩的一种办法便是打破它。

Another word for 'break' when we're talking about rules is breach and百万发文娱渠道网址 breaching experiments were used to learn about social rules.

当咱们议论规矩时,“打破”的另一个词是“违背”,而且损坏试验被用来了解社会规矩。

Here's Dr Persaud describing one of those experiments.

这是伯赛德博士描绘的其间一个试验。

You breached the social rule on purpose.

你成心违背社会规矩。

So a classic one – people would go into the Metro, the underground railway – Tube – and there'd be only one person sitting in a carriage.

所以一个经典的的试验——人们会进地下铁路,地铁——地铁——而且只要一个人坐在车厢里。

You would go and sit next to that person. And if that led to awkwardness or discomfort, where the person got off the tube stop immediately, you had discovered a social rule.

你去和那个人坐在一块。假如那导致尴尬或不舒服,那人当即脱离地铁那,你就发现了一个社会规矩。

So, what was the experiment?

所以那个试验是什么?

Well, quite 豁拉子simply, find a nearly empty train carriage and then go and sit right next to someone rather than a distance away.

好吧,很简单,找到一个简直空着的地铁车厢,然后挨着或人坐,而不是隔着一段很远的间隔。

If that person then feels uncomfortable or awkward, and that's something you can tell by watching their behaviour – for example, do they change seat, move carriage or get off the train completely?

假如那个人感到不舒服或尴尬,你能够经过调查他们的行为来判别——例如,他们是否换座位,换车厢或许完全下车?

If they do, then you know you’ve discovered a rule.

假如他们那样粽子做,那么你就知道你现已发现了一条规矩。

So you find a rule by breaking it or breaching it.

所以你能够经过损坏或违背规矩来找到规矩。

OK, time to review our vocabulary, but first, let’s have the answer to the quiz question.

好的,是时分回忆咱们的词汇了,可是首要,让咱们揭晓检验问题的答案。

I asked which city has the oldest underground railway.

我问哪个城市有最老的地铁。

Is it: a) London b) New York and c) Tokyo?

是:a)伦敦,b)纽约仍是c)东京?

Dan, you were pretty confident.

丹,你刚很自傲啊。

I was! I said London, but now I’m having second thoughts. I think it might be New York.

我刚是很自傲!我说是伦敦,但现在我有了第二个主意。我想它廉租房可能是纽约。

Oh… That's a little bit awkward, isn't it?

哦……这有点尴尬,不是吗?

Well, it is London, so I don't know if you're right or wrong!

嗯,答案是伦敦,所以我不知道你是对仍是错!

I feel a bit uncomfortable now.

我现在觉得有点不舒服。

The facts are that London opened in 1863. New York was 1904 and Tokyo, 1927.

事实是伦敦地铁在1863年敞开。纽约是1904年,东京是1927年。

Well done, and extra bonus points if you knew any of those dates.

假如你知道任何这些日期,那你干得不错,而且还有额定的奖赏积分哦。

Now it's time for ou惊怖驮骡r vocabulary.

现在是时分回忆咱们的词汇了。

I hope it doesn’t make you feel awkward, but can you start, Dan?

我期望它不会让你觉得尴尬,可是你能开端吗,丹?

Of course!

当然!

And the adjective awkwar国海证券,尴尬从何而来?| 六分钟英语,伯明翰大学d, and its noun awkwardness, are on our list for today.

形容词“尴尬的”和它的名词“尴尬”在咱们今日的单词单上。

They mean 'an uncomfortable feeling in a social situation'.

它们的意思是“在交际场合感到不舒服”。

This is all connected with the idea of social rules – unspoken, but well known rules which we follow in daily life to avoid awkward situations.

这一切都与社会规矩的概念有关——未被说出来的但众所周知的规矩,咱们在日常日子中遵从以防止尴尬的状况。

The rules, as Neil said, are not spoken and they are not written down but we know them and understand them.

正如尼尔所太空说,这些规矩没有被说出来,也没有写下来,但咱们了解并了解它们。

They are implicit.

它们是隐含的。

And these implicit rules govern our lives.

这些隐含的规矩办理着咱们的日子。

The verb govern means to 'control and rule'.

动词“办理blanket”意味着“操控和分配”。

To see something clearly, either in 国海证券,尴尬从何而来?| 六分钟英语,伯明翰大学reality or metaphorically, you need to put some light on it.

要想清楚地看到某些事物,无论是实际仍是隐喻,你需求对它有所了解。

You need illuminate it.

你需求说明它。

And that近身警卫 was the next of our words, the verb illuminate.

那便是咱们的下一个单词词,动词“说明”。

And finally we had a word which means, when we're talking about rules, the same as break, to breach.

最终咱们学习了一个单词,那指的是当咱们议论规矩时,就像打破规矩相同,要违背规矩。

In experiments they breached the rules to learn more about them.

在试验中,他们违背了规矩来了解更多有关它们的信息。

Well, we don’t want to breach any rules so it’s time for us to leave you for today.

好吧,咱们不想违背任何规矩,所以现在是时分脱离了。

But don’t worry we will be back.

但不要忧虑,咱们还会回来。

In the meantime, you can find us in all the usual places online and on social media, just look for BBC Learning English.

与此同时,你能够在网上和交际媒体上的一切常见当地找到咱们,只需求查找BBC学英语。

Bye for now.

再见了。

Bye-bye!

拜拜!

英文来历:BBC Learning English

图片来历于网络,侵权请联络删去

期 回 顾

声明:该文观念仅代表作者自己,搜狐号系信息发布渠道,搜狐仅供给信息存储空间服务。